This month we’ll see a continuation of July’s offerings. It’s another month of zesty citrus fruits and all the veggies you’ll need to make your favourite soups and stews!
Bold items are new additions to last month’s list.
The apples are crisp and the mandarins are juicy in winter, get stuck in!
- Apples (Bonza, Sundowner)
- Custard apples
- Oranges (Blood, Navel)
- Pears (Beurre Bosc, Packham)
Ingredients for hearty winter soups and casseroles are aplenty this month:
- Asian greens
- Brussels Sprouts
- Jerusalem artichokes (aka sunchoke)
- Sweet potatoes
Why shop seasonally?
- It tastes better when we grow foods in their ideal climate
- They’ll pack more punch in the nutrient department
- It’s more likely that your food is local, so it’s fresher
Shopping seasonally is generally cheaper, more delicious, and better for the environment.
Image credit: Artichokes, Danielle MacInnes on Unsplash